Saturday, June 27, 2009

Fuck Peyton Manning

These people, I just really really want to see these people fall down some stairs.

I've had this conversation a million god damn times and I am just sick of it. We will be talking about the NFL, me and whatever twat waffle is discussing this with me, and we'll go over what offenses are the best and what players we like. First off I'm a college guy so every athlete I name is probably going to be Alabama alumni. I'm not just a homer I'm a Bammer.

But eventually we get to quarterbacks and the two quarterbacks that we talk about are, of course, Brady and Manning. When I say fuck Brady no one bats an eye. Hating a winning quarterback like that always just seems natural. This of course has nothing to do with what he is doing with the New England Patriots and has everything to do with Michigan beating Alabama in the Orange bowl.

Then I say fuck Peyton Manning, because he played at Tennessee and fuck em.

This is where everyone gets bent out of shape, and it makes me want to vomit my intestines. "you can't hate Peyton Manning" "but he's such a personality" "but everyone likes Peyton Manning!"

Obviously that's stupid because I. Don't. Like. Peyton. Manning.

It's just one of those things that people get bent about that just crawls under my skin like meth hallucination bugs. "You have to like the movie Rudy!"

Fuck you!

That's a movie about a walk on that sees two plays in an entire career. It gets an inspired cast/ a great musical score/ an A-list director for a film about a guy who amounted to dick. Why? Because it was at Notre Dame. Who did they get to play Paul Bear Bryant, the greatest coach in the history of college football? Gary fucking Bucy.

Fuck Rudy. Fuck Notre Dame. Fuck Samwise Gamgee.

Why do people defend the person that is Peyton Manning? His commercials? His SNL spot? What is this need to defend this guy who played at the second best tradition in the SEC? I'm from Alabama and I don't like things that smell like Tennessee football players.

Even if they go on to develop stage presence in credit card commercials.

I don't like Manning and I don't like Notre Dame but sports pundits seem to think you have to obey to some annoying code to like this shit and attack people who don't get in line with this train of thought. I swear to god if college football live ever does another "Notre Dame week" I'm going to quit watching that show.

Okay, that's like a crack addict saying he'll quit crack, but the sentiment is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment